The Word for today is FEAR.
an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat: drivers are threatening to quit their jobs in fear after a cabby’s murder | fear of increasing unemployment | he is prey to irrational fears.
• archaic a mixed feeling of dread and reverence: the love and fear of God.
• (fear for) a feeling of anxiety concerning the outcome of something or the safety and well-being of someone: police launched a search for the family amid fears for their safety.
• the likelihood of something unwelcome happening: she could observe the other guests without too much fear of attracting attention.
verb [ with obj. ]
be afraid of (someone or something) as likely to be dangerous, painful, or threatening: he said he didn’t care about life so why should he fear death? | [ with clause ] : farmers fear that they will lose business.
• [ no obj. ] (fear for) feel anxiety or apprehension on behalf of: I fear for the city with this madman let loose in it.
• [ with infinitive ] avoid or put off doing something because one is afraid: they aim to make war so horrific that potential aggressors will fear to resort to it.
• used to express regret or apology: I’ll buy her book, though not, I fear, the hardback version.
• archaic regard (God) with reverence and awe.
terror, fright, fearfulness, horror, alarm, panic, agitation, trepidation, dread, consternation, dismay, distress; anxiety, worry, angst, unease, uneasiness, apprehension, apprehensiveness, nervousness, nerves, perturbation, foreboding; informal the creeps, the shivers, the willies, the heebie-jeebies, jitteriness, twitchiness, butterflies (in the stomach).
phobia, aversion, antipathy, dread, bugbear, nightmare, horror, terror; anxiety, neurosis; informal hang-up.
likelihood, likeliness, prospect, possibility, chance, probability; risk, danger.
be afraid of, be fearful of, be scared of, be apprehensive of, dread, live in fear of, be terrified of; be anxious about, worry about, feel apprehensive about.
have a phobia about, have a horror of, take fright at.
be too afraid, be too scared, hesitate, dare not.
worry about, feel anxious about, be troubled, feel concerned about, have anxieties about.
stand in awe of, revere, reverence, venerate, respect.
suspect, have a (sneaking) suspicion, be inclined to think, be afraid, have a hunch, think it likely.
Now I posted all of that so that I could say this. I have finally found a book that I’ve been looking for for several years. It’s title is “A Course in Miracles’. Reading the Intruduction there is an odd saying that only now makes sense. “NOTHING REAL CAN BE THREATENED. NOTHING UNREAL EXISTS. HEREIN LIES THE PEACE OF GOD”. It was too much for my brain to handle at first. But after thinking about it for a couple of weeks and reading onward, I now am starting to understand this parable.
As I comb further into Chapter 1, The Meaning of Miracles, Section IV. The Illusion of Needs, something just popped out at me and literally caused me to pause and think (selah in effect). Allow me to share the concepts with you, then I will add my own little spin on it.
4. The real purpose of this world is to use it to correct our unbeliefs. You can never control the effects of fear yourself, because you made fear, and you believe in what you made. In attitude, then though not content, you resemble the Creator, Who has perfect faith in His creation because He created them. Belief produces the acceptance of existence. That is why you can believe what no one else thinks is true. If is true for you because it was made by you.
5. All aspects of fear are untrue because they do not exist at the creative level, and therefore do not exist at all. To whatever extent you are willing to submit your beliefs to this test, to that extent are your perceptions corrected. In sorting out the false from the true, the miracle proceeds along these lines:
Perfect love cast out fear
If fear exists
Then there is not perfect love
Only perfect love exists
If there is fear
It produces a state that does not exist.
Believe this and you will be free. Only God establish this solution, and this faith is His gift.
Now that is a mouthful and head twister. What struck me was the notion that I created my fear, and because I belief what I made two things are evident. First, God did indeed create me in His image because I can create (will into existence or my perceived reality). Moreover, what I create since God did not create it, it does not exist. God does not create illusions. Mankind does. Thusly, I create only a false state of reality because it does not align with that which is real.
Many time in my own life I have allowed myself to live in the shadows of reality; playing in the shadows and calling it LIFE. Shrinking in fear of a concept of something outside my Creator. Look at it now, I can see how foolish it is to hold onto fear. In the Judeo-Christian Holy Bible, “fear not” is mentioned 144 times, “be not afraid” is mentioned 54 times, “fret not” is mentioned 5 times, “troubled” which is another word for worried is mentioned 68 times.
Let’s look at our fear, worry, fretting and troubled in spirit for what they are. If we live in the illusion that we are somehow attached to this bag of water, flesh and bone and it show how determine our state of being, then we will forever be deceiving, limiting, deluting, and even hindering all the possibilities of real self. That illusion only begs for needs to be fulfilled. The need to be taller, shorter, thinner, heavier, straighter hair, more curls, and so on.
Provoking need in our hearts and minds and even in our very souls is a lie. How can this be true? Because we are already the complete form the Creator designed us to be. I know, I know, what you’re thinking. What about the suffering we insure in our bodies or babies born with birth defects, or the mentality challenged. Are they also complete and perfect? Do not they indeed “need” something to become normal?
I’ll leave you with one thought to answer this question. Where are you? Not regarding a physical local or state of mind, but a state of being? Your personal reality, is it inside you or outside of you? Is it inside the Creator or outside the Creator? Selah in effect – think about it. I’ll answer this question, this weekend.